Production Planner I
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
Prepares and schedules Customer product processing and shipping.
Prepares and schedules dose mapping process runs; calculates
product and process bulk densities; determines optimal product
loading configurations. Coordinates with Customer regarding all
stages of product scheduling, processing and shipping. Assists in
the preparation of processing documentation.
* Determines processing priorities by maintaining a master database
of Customer deliveries, Customer inventories, and Customer
shipments; planning the most economical and optimal schedule
considering the Customer requirements, quality standards, and
current availability of equipment, materials and manpower.
* Publishes processing schedule by identifying products, process
sequences, tests, and completion times including all supporting
documentation and instructions.
* Contributes to accurate material handling and processing by
maintaining the master inventory database and assisting in the
preparation of process run documentation and Certificate of
Processing documentation. Completes post process files including
reading dosimeters, labeling strip chart, creating certificates,
etc. Completes daily dosimetry program verification. Develops and
revises product palletization specifications.
* Assists in process discrepancy resolution and corrective action
* Maintains process schedule continuity by monitoring processing
runs and Customer inventory and revises schedule accordingly.
* Resolves scheduling problems by maintaining open and professional
lines of communication with Customers and internal production
* Coordinates with Customer by providing timely and accurate
processing and shipping status information as required.
* Contributes to more accurate estimation of process cycle times
and price quotations by maintaining historical process run
* Drives safe working behavior by demonstrating and promoting safe
work performance, ensuring effective communications and
recognitions, as well as identifying and anticipating safety
training needs, and counseling and training employees.
* Communicates in an effective manner by utilizing accepted
business practices in a courteous and professional manner to
provide timely and accurate responses and service oriented offers
* Maintains professional skills, knowledge and abilities by
attending educational workshops, reviewing professional
publications and participating in professional societies.
* Protects company confidential information by properly storing,
retrieving and disseminating such information to authorized
Duties - cont'd
* Contributes to maintaining a safe and clean working environment
by reporting any unsafe conditions to facility management.
* Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer
Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring
defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer's
needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste,
being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and
satisfying the Customer's needs with a sense of urgency.
* Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the
guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the
GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives
and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties
* Associate's Degree
* Minimum of 2 years experience in sterilization operations
* Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in
* Ability to work independently under general guidelines and
* Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior
* Requires ability to navigate through defined computer
* Above average organizing and analyzing skills and Level 2 math
skills (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of
measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages) to determine
organizational, Customer and regulatory problems and formulate
corrective action plans; attention to detail.
* Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
* Able to influence people in opinions, attitude or judgments; to
generalize, evaluate and make decisions in stressful
* Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns,
* Makes decisions utilizing multi-discipline knowledge and
* Recommends solutions to increasing efficiency of operations.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the
needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices,
vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR
CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B,
publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000
associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please
call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs
to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred
and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by - 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: Steris, Worcester , Production Planner I, Professions , Northborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!