Material Handler/QC Inspector
Company: Laborie Medical Technologies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: We believe that great healthcare is an
essential safeguard of human dignity. Our Mission every day is to
operate as a world-class specialist medical company making and
advancing technologies that preserve and restore human dignity. We
do that today by helping people with pelvic and gastrointestinal
conditions live normal lives, and by helping mothers and babies
have safe deliveries. If you share our values of Aspire to
Greatness, Respect All, Own It, Working Together, Persist with
Passion, and are looking to contribute and grow in a fast-paced
environment, join us to enhance our customer experience with
dignity, at the heart of everything. Laborie Medical Technologies
is currently searching for a Material Handler/QC Inspector to join
our team in the Westborough, MA office. Position Overview:The
person in this position is responsible for Material Handling and QC
related functions in the Westborough, MA facility. The person in
this position regularly interfaces with Manufacturing,
Manufacturing Engineering, R&D, Purchasing, and Accounting
Departments, as well as other Laborie functions. How you
- Assists in the continuous improvements of processes and
- Performs incoming inspection on components used to manufacture
disposable medical products. Ability to read standard inspecting
gaging (digital calipers, scales, pin gages) required.
- Performs In-Process Inspections in manufacturing as
- Interaction with Device History Records is necessary and
appropriate attention to detail is required.
- Prepares samples for Senior QC Inspectors.
- Performs daily manufacturing checks such as Tray Dye & Peel
- Miscellaneous duties as required. Material Handler:
- Perform MRP system transactions and verify the accuracy of
information, in a timely and disciplined manner.
- Bring materials to production lines (Water Spider). Replenish
materials in supermarket. This includes maintaining the
organization of the bins and ensuring the material levels are
maintained at each line.
- Adherence to manufacturing SOP's as required.
- Deliver supplies, materials, and equipment to other
departments, as necessary.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the warehouse.
- Aid with monthly cycle counting.
- Aid with year end counting for physical inventory audits.
- Comply with all company policies
- Monitor and highlight inventory items & communicate low level
stock items to supervisor.
- Miscellaneous duties as required. Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to use basic Microsoft Office applications, including
Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- 1-3 years Experience in Quality Control a plus, and medical
device experience a plus.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Safely operate pallet jack and straddle lift (certification
- Good verbal and written communication
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but
can be loud for brief periods while equipment is being utilized in
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 30 to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision (20/20 with or without corrective lenses) and ability to
- Use of a microscope for inspection purposes
- Physical requirements of the position require personnel to
remain in a sitting or standing position for up to 8 hours per day.
Personnel may be required to bend and kneel for 2 hours per day.
How we take care of you:
- Paid time off and Volunteer time
- Quarterly Incentive bonus
- Sign on bonus
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Employee Wellbeing programs
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Parental Leave and Adoption Services
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability and Basic Life
and AD&D Laborie is a specialty manufacturer and supplier of
medical technologies and devices, committed to excellence in
diagnostics and therapeutics for Urological, Gastrointestinal,
Obstetric, Gynecological, and Neonatal healthcare and committed to
equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's
race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation
or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Laborie is
committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in our
services, activities, education and employment for individuals with
Keywords: Laborie Medical Technologies, Worcester , Material Handler/QC Inspector, Professions , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!