Company: Wood PLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Pipefitter Journeyman with experience in
the oil and gas industry working on a project in Charlton, MA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from
Wood is required.
The individual must have the basic knowledge and skills to
fabricate, install and assemble structural steel.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders,
job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and
recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
Read structural drawings.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools
and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and
demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include
(but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Identify and recognize components of structural systems.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately layout and fabricate
- Demonstrate ability to locate and mark reference points for
structural components on foundation using master straightedge,
square, transit, builder's levels and measuring tape.
- Alight structure or plates to be assembled on boiler frames,
tanks, or structures, using plumb bobs, wedges, dogs or
- Demonstrate appropriate techniques in handling sections or
structural parts in order to facilitate fitting edges
- Bolt or weld equipment sections using approved materials and
procedures such as stacks, chutes, ladders, catwalks, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- 1- 2 years of Journeyman experience.
- Should have at least 2 - 3 years as an apprentice/helper in one
of the mechanical areas such as
Ironworker, Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator
- Should have at least 1 - 2 years as a journeyman as an
- Experience in one of the mechanical areas such as Ironworker,
Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up,
Pipefitter Fabricator or Welding field a plus.
- Must possess an NCCER certification card or successfully pass
an in-house craft assessment.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience working in an
- Should any steel member require cutting and welding in the
field, the employee who is to perform
the welding must have been tested and certified through our
department for the specific type of
repairs that are to be made.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood PLC, Worcester , Pipefitter Journeyman, Professions , Charlton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!