Measurement Technician - Hopkinton
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Kinder Morgan Corporation is the largest Natural Gas pipeline
company across North America. Kinder Morgan offers challenging,
rewarding careers and professionally develops its employees in
technical professions serving local communities with clean
energy.This Technician position is based out of Kinder Morgan's
Tennessee Gas Pipeline (TGP) Hopkinton, Massachusetts or New
Hampshire Office in Pelham NH. This is a Monday through Friday
position with on-call responsibilities nights and weekends. Kinder
Morgan values teamwork, community, safety integrity and
environmental stewardship. Kinder Morgan offers a robust benefits
package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k
plan & retirement plan, paid holidays, and paid time off. Starting
pay range, dependent on candidates skills, education & experience,
is $73,000 to $103,000 annually - this is an hourly position with
additional paid overtime available.To be considered for this
Measurement Technician position click on Apply Now to sign in or
create an account to upload your resume. The Measurement
Technicians are assigned a company vehicle and must maintain a good
driving record Primary purpose:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, operation and
accuracy of all natural gas measurement and control facilities
- Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Install, inspect, test, adjust, maintain, operate,
troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and remove advanced measurement,
control and regulation equipment, SCADA and gas quality
- Detect measurement error and correct volumes as needed and
provide supporting documentation.
- Monitor natural gas through the measurement system, insure all
corrections are applied and proper gas qualities are applied.
- Interpret and apply electrical and electronic schematics
pertaining to measurement electronics.
- Assess all facets of assigned facilities to insure accurate
measurement and maintaining the company lost and unaccounted gas
- Perform audits of custody transfer and control data when
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all
facilities and equipment.
- Oversee the construction and/or maintenance activities
performed by third parties.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards,
procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Represent Kinder Morgan in a professional manner with external
customers.Our Measurement Technicians come to Kinder Morgan from a
variety of backgrounds, job titles, Military Specialties (MOS) and
Career Management Fields (CMF). Many of our employees are Veterans
who transitioned from Active Duty or currently serve in the
Reserves. So whether you received your training while serving our
Country in the military or while working in the private sector we
encourage you to consider continuing your career as a Measurement
Tech with Kinder Morgan.
- Associates degree in a technical field, Technical degree or
certificate or equivalent experienceExperience / Specific
- Basic computer skills of MS Office, operating systems, company
- Basic math skills.
- Basic Electrical skills.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of
flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge with electronic test instruments.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic equipment
used in gas and liquid product measurement and control.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability
- Achieve & maintain certifications as required to perform job
duties Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document,
and complete work with minimum supervision.
- Adequate analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors,
keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and
follow work rules.
- Ability to speak and understand English. Ability to work with
others, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on
details, and follow work rules.
- Work safely, provide safety feedback to teammates and oversee
contractors work quality and safe job performance
- May work in low-lit areas
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently enter confined spaces, clime to and
work from elevated platforms, ladders, and walkways, etc.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be
- Available for shift work when applicable
- Ability to lift push-pull and carry up to 50 lbs, climb ladders
on occasion.The above statements describe the general nature and
level of work being performed. This position may perform other
duties as assigned. Job level will commensurate with experience and
skill sets. The successful candidate will be required to clear a
drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has
been extended and prior to being employed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Worcester , Measurement Technician - Hopkinton, Professions , Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!