Desktop Support Technician
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: January 25, 2023
- As a member of the end user support team, FS Onsite Service
Engineers are primarily focused on customer experience to ensure
all interactions result in a positive outcome-based
- Deliver a service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Listen and understand the issue at hand.
- Communicate with customers, colleagues and management using
positive and clear concise language.
- Ensure all commitments are agreed and adhered to with
appointments and regular updates provided.
- Deliver an excellent customer experience through strong
understanding of the client site, environment, technology and
- As the main interface to the customer, the roles require
ownership, leadership and liaison with key contacts in other
resolver groups to ensure action is taken to resolve any
- Performs timely resolution of workstations, mobile hardware and
software problems within SLAs through effective use of experience,
knowledge and technical resources.
- Self-motivated and able to act with limited support and
- Follows all support processes and use of IT systems when
required and document all actions and activities
- Conforms to key IT processes such as change control and asset
management. Flexible for travelling to other sites for support on
- Ability to coach and monitor/support a team of technicians and
driving service improvement strategies in coordination with other
support teams and Client stakeholders.
- Provide customer facing end-user support that
- Break-fix support for Laptop, desktop, tablets and associated
- IMAC support including large scale/bulk office moves/re-stack
activities (all moves)
- Support for Operating System, base load software, MS Office
suite and other business application.
- Support for the Imaging devices (print/scan/copy/fax) that
includes printers and MFDs.
- Access related issues with smart card, password and security,
application configuration and troubleshooting, and general
- Support for the Mobility devices
- VIP and home-based office (HBO) user support.
- Imaging/Re-imaging end user systems on approved
- Supporting End User Device Lifecycle Management as per Client
policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with vendors for provision of end-user support (e.g.
Hardware Vendor technicians for warranty
- Perform managed print service invoicing/meter read/polling
- Perform end-user support related security and controls and
compliance related tasks such as access reviews, risk assessments,
controls verifications, facility inspections, maintenance of
- Coordinate with Level 3 support groups and project teams for
service delivery enhancements, maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide IT support for on-site or off-site events and meetings
including site setup, coordination with venue IT/AV contacts and
- Provide IT support for disaster recovery and emergency response
activities in the event of emergency situations at local
- Provide On-call support if required outside business hours on a
- Provide technical orientation and training for new Client
employees on existing systems and software.
- Must be able to manually lift up to thirty (30) pounds when
moving and repositioning personal computers and ancillary
- Provide accurate and timely logging of customer incidents and
tasks to meet agreed upon service levels.
- Provide weekly reports as requested by Customer.
- Implement best practices in the stores to resolve
- Maintain appropriate equipment sparing requirements and spares
inventory levels to meet SLRs for the Desk Side Technical Support
- Participate in team projects as requested.
- Support End-User data backup, storage and recovery Services for
- Coordinate with End-User or other site staff to schedule
on-site technical support visit in response to an Incident or IT
Service Request, including security remediation services.
- Provide Smart Hands and Eyes Support - Support remote site
networks (e.g., Local-Area Network (LAN), Wide-Area Network (WAN)
connection, etc.) and related operations (e.g., procure, design,
build, systems monitoring, Incident diagnostics, troubleshooting,
Resolution and escalation, security management, and capacity
planning/analysis), as required to meet Client computing
requirements and per Client policies and procedures.
- Provide Smart Hands and Eyes Support for servers, network and
security devices in site locations, as per Client policies and
- Provide concierge services as required by local staffing,
- Providing friendly and professional meet and greet and managing
customer interaction during their entire experience at the
- Setting customer expectation ahead of possible allocation of
case to ITSC agent if required.
- Supporting customers on issues with Peripherals, and BYOD
- Provide information on IT/Client products and
- Windows operating system Support (including but not limited to
Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac).
- Software installation/troubleshooting.
- Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application
- Support for Wireless connectivity, resolving performance
issues, providing device connectivity and value add consultation
for short how to questions.
- 6 - 8 years of technical experience in Desktop and Technical
Support, Service Delivery including 2-3 years of experience in
Medical Care/Hospital FS/IT Management.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an
equivalent combination of education or experience.
- A Technical Certification (Microsoft/Client/Dell) and ITIL
Certification would be an added advantage in this role.
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Worcester , Desktop Support Technician, Professions , Sterling, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!