Shipper & Receiver
Company: Tufts University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 4:00pm The Department of
Facilities Services is responsible for the efficient and cost
effective operations, maintenance and management of all Tufts
University facilities consisting of approximately 5 million square
feet of space on three campuses (Somerville/Medford, Grafton, and
A broad range of services are provided to support the University
campuses including: facility maintenance by all trades, capital
maintenance, information technology systems for operations (work
control, time capture, preventative maintenance), energy and
utilities systems, recycling and waste management, event services,
residential facilities coordination, grounds maintenance and
facility condition assessment and tracking. Facilities Services
plays a critical role in planning for the $30M/year deferred
Related functions, which require close coordination with this
department, are public and environmental health and safety,
planning, design and construction of capital and deferred
maintenance projects including major repairs, renovation and new
What You'll Do
Reporting to facilities management department, the Shipper &
Receiver is responsible for all shipping and receiving activities
on the individual campuses. Position requires experience and
knowledge in shipping and receiving along with
the ability to keep accurate records.
- Must have experience with electronic freight tracking software
and Microsoft operating platforms.
- Familiarity with UPS, USPS, and FedEx shipping and acceptance
- Applicant must be physically fit to carry out effectively all
the requirements of the Facilities department; including the use
and care of electric pallet jacks and handcarts.
- This position performs similar or related duties as required.
This position is considered essential as defined in the Tufts
University Employee Handbook.
What We're Looking For
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of related
- Position requires experience and knowledge in the shipping and
receiving and parcel documentation industry.
- Must possess a valid US driver's license.
- Must be physically fit to carry out effectively all the
requirements of the Facilities department; including the use and
care of grounds equipment and tools.
- Mechanical proficiency and use of small hand tools is required
(dollies, utility knifes, etc.)
- Must be conscientious, adaptable and have the ability to
communicate and work respectfully with co-employees, students,
faculty and staff.
- Experience with computers for creating Word documents, updating
work status in facilities related systems and use of e-mail for
timely and professional communication and correspondence.
- Capability with the use of desktops, scanners, iPads or other
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Solid time management skills including the ability to
multi-task, tactfully deal with unforeseen challenges and people,
and work well in a team setting with other technicians and trades
- The ability to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs. and physically meet the
requirements of the position job duties.
- Required to work indoors and outdoors and during inclement
weather year round. Preferred Qualifications:
- Expereince in the use of Maximo CMMS system.
- Excellent driving record for the past 5 years.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Flexibility in work schedule required due to campus related
emergencies, events occurring nights and weekends and special
events such as matriculation and commencement.
Keywords: Tufts University, Worcester , Shipper & Receiver, Professions , Grafton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!