Construction Project Manager
Company: UMass Med School
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Construction Project Manager
4 days ago(3/9/2023 9:18 AM)
# of Openings
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general direction of the
Associate Director-Facilities Engineering and Construction or
designee, the Construction Project Manager is responsible for the
supervision, administration and resident engineering of
construction projects at University of Massachusetts Chan Medical
School and Satellite Campuses, as performed by outside
- Supervise, administer and inspect
activities of assigned contractors.
- Assist in developing specifications and soliciting bids for
work to be provided by outside contractors
- Approves and monitors contracts with outside contractors
performing construction and maintenance projects on the building
and central systems.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling assigning and
communicating the work to be performed.
- Schedule activities of in-house maintenance staff and outside
contractors assigned to projects to ensure compliance in
specifications, budgets and schedules.
- Create work orders and phases within computerized database of
Facilities Focus to expedite work associates with construction
- Exercise judgment and authority to start/stop work and alter
schedules, as required.
- Insure schedules and cost projects are maintained and charge
orders are controlled.
- Prepare project reports and schedules on contractor's
- Monitor and control construction procedures and
- Ensure quality assurance and conformance to UMMS specifications
- Coordinate tie-ins of utility systems to insure continuity of
service to the medical center and minimize downtime.
- Coordinate construction projects among subcontractors,
inspection agencies and the medical center operations.
- Tracks project costs of standard building components using a
computerized database. Facilities Focus.
- Review and approve requests for payments, invoices, time slips
and change order documentation on assigned projects.
- Review construction specification and drawing for compliance
prior to bidding.
- Evaluate and approve contractor pre-qualifications prior to
- Insure safety rules and standards are enforced on all
construction work assignments.
- Engage independent inspection agencies for verification for
specialized materials and workmanship, as required.
- Supervise, identify, and resolve situations requiring change
orders and contractor disputes.
- Function as an agent of DCAM on construction projects for which
DCAM has selected an outside Clerk of the Works.
- Participate in Construction Committee Meetings with Senior
- Maintain accurate records and files of all project document
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Architectural, Civil, Electrical, or
Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10 years supervisory experience on maintenance or construction
projects typical in size and complexity to these institutional
projects over $500,000 in size.
- 5 years as construction superintendent or clerk of works on
public or institutional project over $500,000 in size. State of
Massachusetts Licensed Construction Supervisor (or ability to
obtain within 6 months).
- Proven experience in dealing with contractors, subcontractors
and a general knowledge of all construction trades from site
development to completion of bid building reports.
- Working knowledge of State Building Codes, Fire and Life Safety
Codes and Safety Regulations, as well as complex mechanical and
electrical building systems.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with medical center
personnel at all levels.
- Manual dexterity, visual acuity, considerable walking, climbing
related to construction sites.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
Keywords: UMass Med School, Worcester , Construction Project Manager, Professions , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...