Company: New England Heritage Properties
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job descriptionThe Maintenance Technician plays a key role in
property management. - Works independently to supervise and
coordinate all site management related issues with the Community
Manager. Handles all assigned aspects of property building
maintenance. Ensures that service requests and repairs are made
correctly in a timely manner. Diagnoses problems and makes repairs
in the following areas: electrical systems, plumbing, appliances,
flooring, carpentry, heating and air systems. Maintains overall
cleanliness of the assigned Property. Responsible for components of
apartment turnovers in a timely manner.Essential Duties and
- Safely maintains the physical condition and appearance of the
- Satisfactorily completes all work orders within 24-48 hours.
- Completes apartment turnovers, within the first 2 weeks of the
month, to include painting, repairs and improvements of vacant
units and turnover cleaning.
- Works with Community Manager on preventive maintenance schedule
- Is responsible for 24/7 on call. - Responds to emergency
maintenance repairs after working hours. Available by phone, text &
- Works closely with Community Manager to maintain required
inventory levels on supplies, tools, etc.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with
residents and staff. Preserves and respects confidentiality of
- Assists leasing & management staff as necessary during
emergency situations. -Education & Experience: High School Diploma,
Vocational or Technical school diploma required. Prior experience
in preventative maintenance work required. Prior experience working
in a residential setting is preferred. -Required Skills, Knowledge
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and
small power tools.
- Possesses neat and orderly work habits.
- Possesses suitable knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and
heating systems, as well as general carpentry.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team and ability to work
- Ability to complete tasks on time and meet deadlines.
- Self- motivated, organized, punctual and work well
- Positive Attitude, self-directed, reliable and responsible.
- Maintains a valid driver's license and has own means of
- Has their own hand tools.Physical Demands: (The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift between 50 pounds, climb and work on
ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long
periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift
boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
- Must be able to regularly use hands and fingers to handle, feel
or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and
arms. Frequently needs to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl, smell, talk, hear, read and write.
- Must be able to perform other physically demanding duties as
directed.Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Major Holidays Paid
- Life Insurance -Schedule:
- Monday-Friday - 8:30am to 5:00pm -License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Required) -Work Location: Worcester, MA.
-Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: New England Heritage Properties, Worcester , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...