Lab Analyst I NENSP
Company: UMass Med School
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Analyst, Lab II
3 days ago(9/29/2023 12:29 PM)
# of Openings
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general supervision of the
Manager or designee, the Lab Analyst II performs accurate chemical
analysis of evidence submitted by Law Enforcement Agencies while
maintaining chain of custody records.
- Maintain accurate record of chain of
custody for all cases received during analysis
- Perform analytical analysis of evidence for identification
and/or quantitation, records information
- Complete all the necessary paperwork as dictated by department
and laboratory policy
- Performs and documents routine maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in the development of new assays, and the
evaluation of new equipment.
- Communicates with other Laboratory staff and Law Enforcement
Officials. Provides testimony in court, when necessary.
- Advises and aids DAL Evidence Officer on identification,
classification, and handling of evidence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Chemistry or related degree (requires strong emphasis
- 1 year relevant laboratory experience
- Oral and written communication skills necessary for interaction
with other medical center staff as well as outside agencies
- 20/20 and color vision (corrected), good physical coordination,
and ability to move and lift moderately heavy objects
Keywords: UMass Med School, Worcester , Lab Analyst I NENSP, Professions , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!