Associate Data Analyst
Company: The Hanover Insurance Group
Posted on: November 19, 2023
440 Lincoln St, Worcester, MA 01653, USA Req #17381 Friday,
November 17, 2023 For more than 170 years, The Hanover has been
committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it
matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we
CARE through our values, ESG initiatives and IDE journey. Our
Enterprise Sales and Distribution department is seeking an
Associate Data Analyst to join our growing Distribution Analytics
team in the Worcester, MA area. This is a full time, exempt role.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Applies analytical skills to the development and
enhancement of unique proprietary business tools that drive the
optimization and consolidation of Agent partners business and are
strategic differentiator to the unique Hanover business model.
Assists in developing tools, processes and reporting analytics in
support of business growth and ongoing business needs. Communicates
with customers, external partners and internal departments
frequently. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- With oversight, provides support to complex business/technical
processes and tools for multiple products, requiring the use of
technical solutions across multiple departments or lines of
- Serve as a team member on projects of large scope and moderate
to high complexity. Able to work independently with guidance and
direction as appropriate.
- Has aptitude to develop and learn multiple technical business
systems enterprise wide.
- Develop data and reports for field and customers to clearly
articulate value to agent partners and customers.
- Provide timely and accurate analytical support to team
supported, ensures results are validated to ensure accuracy.
- Develop an understanding of business processes and the P&C
Insurance business to translate requirements into analytical
- Summarize information and effectively communicate analyses in
writing and verbally to internal partners.
- Participate in the development of innovative solutions by
approaching problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, using
existing information to its fullest potential
- Interviews business users to obtain data requirements for
- Collect, analyze, and report data to meet customer needs.
- Participate in the development of new tools and process
enhancements to enable new capabilities and solutions to drive
- Assist in various projects, meet deadlines, and handle multiple
priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving business
- Establishing relationships with one or more business partners
by building knowledge of business processes/drivers and technical
- Document processes to allow for consistent approach to future
- Proactively research and apply Best Practices to technology
- Participating in the development of prototypes for various
reporting, system and tools.
- May research, Prototype and Write research briefs on emerging
technologies related to data and analytics
- May develop code, tests, debugs and document working data and
analytics systems to demonstrate the business value.
- May apply proven data management techniques, application
development methodologies and other technologies to produce
comprehensive prototype solutions.
- May Perform source system data analysis WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic performance
- 0 to 3 years of related analytical experience required,
including but not limited to:
- Solid understanding of SQL, Microsoft Excel, and PowerBI (or
similar reporting software)
- Strong Business and Financial acumen, has the aptitude to
- Intellectually curious
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- May require knowledge of programming language and scripting
language related to data and integration. CAREER DEVELOPMENT: It's
not just a job, it's a career, and we are here to support you every
step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled.
Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our
robust learning and development programs, we encourage you - at
every level - to grow and develop. BENEFITS: We offer comprehensive
benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and
balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you'll enjoy what you
do and have the support you need to succeed. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Cultural Awareness Day in support of IDE
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only) The Hanover
values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The
company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to
all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience,
training, education, and ability to do the available work without
regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital
status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other
status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing
an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and
harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender,
ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status protected by law."
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate
against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with
disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, or to
perform essential job functions, should contact us at:
HRServices@hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in
policy and online privacy statement, click here .
Applicants who are California residents:To see the types of
information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we
use it, please click here .
- 440 Lincoln St, Worcester, MA 01653, USA
Keywords: The Hanover Insurance Group, Worcester , Associate Data Analyst, Professions , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!