Coated Abrasives WW Business and Supply Chain Controller
Company: Saint-Gobain Abrasives
Posted on: January 12, 2019
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us. Role Overview: Manage the financial reporting and internal control functions of the Coated Abrasives Worldwide SOA, overseeing financial results are reported accurately and timely. Direct the financial planning and budget activities of the division and actively participate in strategic planning and operating decisions for the worldwide Sector of Activity (SOA). Act as a business partner of the CA VP to initiate, quantify, and lead strategic and tactical projects. These projects include major CAPEX, optimization of our industrial footprint, flows and sourcing. Essential Functions: Financial Analysis, Budgeting, Performance Measurement & Strategic Planning (15%)
- Responsible for analyzing monthly performance of 35+ operating facilities that comprise the Coated Abrasives worldwide SOA, and communicate critical issues to Business Unit, Regional and Activity Management.
- Direct the BU financial planning and budgeting processes. This entails developing time schedules, budget formats and process, contributing to strategy, ensuring accuracy of the budget calculations and participating in the development and delivery of the presentation to senior management. This includes periodic forecasts.
- Review and approve all capital expenditure proposals ensuring they meet the operational and financial return objectives of the BU and communicates recommendations and justification to Regional, Branch and Corporate Management as defined by policy. Financial Reporting (20%)
- For Product Manager teams and Industrial Director, guide the development and streamlining of monthly financial reporting and participates in operation reporting of manufacturing sites.
- Create and initiate ad-hoc analysis to support CA community activities. Standard Cost and Manufacturing Issues (15%)
- Monitor manufacturing activities in the regions (plant workload, inventories, service, backlogs) and mid-term planning. Propose and put in place action plans.
- Define harmonized metrics across regions and follow-up production and service performances across regions
- Develop and coordinate the sharing of best practices to improve performance globally and regionally (such as waste, capacity planning, reduction of working capital and of write-offs utilizing the WCM toolbox) Strategic Projects (20%)
- Review and participate in the approval process of supply agreements and contracts for the BU.
- Coordinate divisional issues related to system upgrades and work with MIS on developing new system solutions to specific BU problems and operational needs.
- Analyze and build strategic scenarios for Industrial options (New Plants/Acquisitions and/or Plant Closures)
- Support Platform Leaders in analyzing their product lines and developing appropriate projects. Supply Chain and Flows Monitoring of Optimization (15%)
- Analyze industrial flows of alternative to minimize risk of optimize costs (In partnership with Industrial Director).
- Lead high level S&OP for key complex supply chains.
- Support development of second sources for critical supply. Strategic Plan of Yearly Budget CAPEX (15%)
- Consolidate strategic plan vision for the SOA.
- Consolidate budget roadmap for the SOA.
- Builds and justifies business cases for main CAPEX of SOA.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters Degree preferred.
- 8-10 Years Experience in Financials and Accounting.
- Position requires strong analytical, financial management and organization skills as well as the ability to influence other business leaders and/or management.
- Experienced user of SAP and Microstategy
- High Level of leadership, work intensity and strategic aptitude to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous initiatives and projects to support platform leaders.
- Proven ability to understand and solve complex financial issues. Must be credible, agile and a self-starter.
- Ability to work autonomously and a high degree of business and financial acumen. Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets globally. We are the world's leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products. With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate.
Keywords: Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Worcester , Coated Abrasives WW Business and Supply Chain Controller, Professions , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!