Manufacturing Technician II (Wed-Sat, 4pm - 2:30am)
Posted on: April 18, 2019
AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC) is looking for a Manufacturing
Technician II, Wed-Sat 4pm- 2:30am to join their team in Worcester,
MA. The Manufacturing Technician performs functions associated with
cGMP manufacturing operations within the biologics production
facility, including working with engineers in set-up and
calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing
related to the production of parts, components and final materials.
Additionally, the Manufacturing Technician uses sophisticated
programs (such as LIMS, SAP, automated control systems, etc.) to
collect and evaluate operating data, which can be used to conduct
on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Lastly,
the Manufacturing Technicians determines and may assist in
developing methods and procedures to control or modify the
manufacturing process. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shipping finished materials.
- Maintaining inventory levels.
- Sampling of in process and raw materials.
- Running glass washer / autoclave.
- Buffer / media preparation.
- Equipment preparation (CIP / SIP).
- Cell culture (from vial thaw to production scale).
- Column chromatography.
- Tangential flow filtration. Position will be hired based on
level of experience.
- Associates degree in science (or equivalent experience), with
2+ years relevant experience. Bachelors, with 1+ years relevant
experience. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, with 0+ year relevant
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures
to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but
recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work,
requires instructions only on new assignments. At AbbVie, we value
bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop
new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity
employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical
or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
protected veteran status, or any other legally protected
Keywords: AbbVie, Worcester , Manufacturing Technician II (Wed-Sat, 4pm - 2:30am), Professions , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!