Company: The Home Depot
Posted on: September 13, 2019
MUST LIVE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY*THIS POSITION IS SECOND
SHIFT*Monday Thursday / 1:30pm 12:00amTHD Rental (Large Equipment
Rental and Compact Power Equipment Services), based in Fort Mill,
SC, is a team of approximately 800 talented associates based across
the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Comprised of highly trained
professional technicians, we provide comprehensive management of
commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative
maintenance and parts management. Additionally, we offer large
towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery.Compact
Power Equipment Services is comprised of over 300 talented and
highly trained professional technicians. We are dedicated to
investing in advanced technology and the continued training of
Support and Field Service Professional teams with the singular goal
of optimizing the efficiency, safety and productive life span of
our customers mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a
nationwide footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada
and Puerto Rico.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The position of MAINTENANCE SERVICE PROFESSIONAL provides
commercial and industrial minor equipment repair and preventive
maintenance services. Representative equipment includes, but is not
limited to, paint shaker devices, blind cutting machines, mobility
carts, ladders, wood saws, tile saws, wire and carpet
- Demonstrate the ability to complete light industrial equipment
repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment found in big box
retailers The Home Depot / Best Buy.
- Respond to on-site preventative maintenance service calls
within contract time frames.
- Use hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair
- Maintain spare part inventory provided by Compact Power
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Adhere to OSHA regulation and safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers, supervisor and
- Use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow dispatch schedule generated
- Submit paperwork and reports daily.
- Strong attention to detail and a good work ethic preventing
re-work and warranty trips.
- Employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to customer,
the public and self.
- Perform general preventive maintenance, changing batteries, saw
blades and using grease gun.
- Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property.We offer a
full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and
financial. Please visit www.livetheorangelife.com for more
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent technical or trade
- Two (2) plus years of experience in machine repair and
- Ability to perform light industrial equipment repair and have
- Read and understand schematics and parts list.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Medium proficiency required in the use of electronic technology
Tablets / Smart Phone / Laptop.
- Basic electrical experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Valid driver s license for the state in which you live and
- Good driving record.WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position is very active and requires standing, walking,
bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all
day. Employee occasionally climb equipment and work at heights up
to 20 feet. Employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to
80 pounds. Employee is required to talk and hear. Driving for
extended periods of time. Working conditions may include working
indoors and outdoors in cold, hot and damp areas. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be
done by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this role.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF WORK:
The above description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list
of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they
intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required
to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature
of the job.
The regular shift is:Four (4) X Ten (10) hour shifts (Monday
Thursday) / 1:30pm 12:00am
Associated topics: automotive, calibrate, diagnose, equipment,
machine maintenance, maintenance mechanic, mechanical, millwright,
service technician, upgrade
Keywords: The Home Depot, Worcester , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!