Customer Service Representative
Company: Middlesex Savings Bank
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:The Information Center Customer Service Representative
is a key role focused on providing exceptional service through
various communication channels, including phone, email, and chat.
The CSR is expected to be highly proficient in processing
transactions, resolving problems, aiding in the resolution of
complicated customer complaints, understanding and explaining all
Bank products and services, and identifying customer needs and
recommending appropriate solutions.Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicates and assists both internal and external
customers in a professional manner, identify their needs, providing
information, and resolving complex issues via telephone and
- Performs a variety of transactions for customers, including
teller transactions, processing of checking and savings account
withdrawals and balancing duties.
- Identify, support and resolve the service needs of both
internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment that
requires accuracy, multi-tasking and effective listening and
- Builds a positive rapport with a diversity of personality
types, maintaining a professional attitude and a positive
- Navigate multiple computer applications while interacting with
- Understand which products/services will work best to
successfully meet customer needs.
- Interact with customers via the phone, chat sessions from the
public website or within online banking.
- Respond to customer voice mail and email messages.
- Process account transactions, research requests and account
- Demonstrate an understanding of the multiple ways customers'
bank using online and mobile technology and branch offices. Explain
the services and various channels.
- Identifies and assists with the migration of customer
transactions to alternative delivery channels.
- Identify and report fraud or suspected fraud occurrences. Is
continuously aware of fraud engineering threats and steps to take
to protect customers and the bank.
- Provide online banking assistance with password resets, secure
access codes, bill pay and stop payment requests.
- Provide assistance with debit card travel alerts, daily limit
increases, card activation/deactivation, suspected fraudulent
transactions and new card orders.
- Assist with loan applications. Address basic and complex loan
- Meets expectations for all call center related statistics,
including but not limited to measurement of calls handled, not
ready time and wrap-up codes.
- Complete all training requirements on time.
- Identify process improvement ideas with the management
- Protects customer information by following department security
guidelines and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory and department
practices and procedures.
- Represents the Bank through active participation in community
and industry organizations and events and promotes the business
interest of the Bank. Refers sales opportunities to other
departments or Bank affiliates in support of established
- High school diploma required; some college highly preferred. 2+
years' experience in customer service preferably in banking,
financial services and/or inbound call center experience.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology, fluency in
Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with multiple
browsers, multiple tabs and multiple window navigation
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team
environment.Requires a high energy level and strong sense of
urgency, excellent communication, customer service, telephone
etiquette and grammar.
- Must be able to respond to high volume telephone inquiries,
work extended hours, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Bilingual
candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EO/AA Employer:
Keywords: Middlesex Savings Bank, Worcester , Customer Service Representative, Sales , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!