Lead Engineer, Customer Technical Sales Support
Company: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
As part of National Grid s continued commitment to safety, all
new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone unable
to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious
belief or medical reason can request a reasonable
National Grid is hiring a Lead Engineer, Customer Technical Sales
Support in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities,
and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We
connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our
expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers,
reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the
flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on
our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both
ourselves and our business.
To provide energy engineering expertise and oversight for the
assessment and development of installation solutions for customer
energy measures, facilities, programs and technologies in order for
National Grid to support meeting its growth and energy efficiency
- Coordinate internal and external resources assigned to perform
technical assistance studies, commissioning analysis and reports in
order to ensure timely availability information and data necessary
to develop effective energy efficiency programs and services as
well as all renewable type resources.
- Analyze and evaluate developments in gas and electric
technologies from a wide range of data sources in order to: enable
analysis of key themes and trends, identify how different scenarios
may impact the business and to deliver strategies for integrating
cost effective energy efficient technologies into current projects.
Primary focus on gas technologies.
- Conduct technical reviews and maintain systems and procedures
to support the design of solutions that enhance National Grid s
energy efficiency and load management programs.
- Draw up technical requirement specifications to support senior
management in defining energy efficiency and load management
technology plans and strategies to enhance business
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the technical
support team, account prospecting, inside and outsides sales,
energy product and program management teams and external vendors in
order to facilitate communications, integrate work and ensure the
successful delivery of energy efficiency measures for
- Oversee the work of internal and external resources in
delivering complex and custom designed energy efficiency programs
to ensure successful implementation and the highest levels of
- Manage the day to day relationship with external vendors,
contractors and consultants including interpretation and
application of established contractual agreements and service level
agreements to ensure adherence to standards and best outcomes for
- Work with the Manager to negotiate contracts with external
vendors, contractors and consultants including standards of work
and levels of service to ensure best value for National Grid.
- Utilize established financial systems to track EE and
Operations & Maintenance budgets in order to ensure the group meets
its financial obligation to the company.
- Translate energy efficiency objectives into clearly defined
business cases, costs or schedules in order to support achievement
of the company s gas and electric energy efficiency goals.
- Challenge existing policies, procedures and technologies and
continuously seek ways to do things better in order to ensure the
technical support team s delivery of highest quality customer
service in a cost-effective manner and drive greater efficiencies
for the business.
- Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others in
order to share knowledge and increase understanding of National
Grid s energy efficiency programs and services.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of technical support staff,
prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensure energy
efficiency programs and services are delivered in line with
expectations and business objectives.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Good leadership and relationship skills.
- Bachelor s degree in mechanical/ electrical engineering, other
related science or technology discipline or equivalent work
experience. PE & CEM certification preferred. and 7+ years of
- Good knowledge of high performance building design practices,
standards and codes, with prior experience in performing building
design reviews and working successfully with consulting engineers
- Understands the importance of procedures and standards of
working and demonstrates the ability to give directions or
demonstrations with clear reasons and rationales.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret information and analyze
relationships among several parts of a problem or situation in
order to clearly articulate the findings and anticipates obstacles
and thinks ahead about next steps.
- Understands and identifies training or developmental needs of
others and has the ability to design and establish new programs of
work to support them.
- Experience of managing the work of a technical unit and
demonstrates taking specific actions to enable the team to function
efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including human
resource management, negotiations and communications. Lets people
affected by a decision know what s happening and is able to clearly
articulate reasons for a decision.
- Understands theory behind policies and processes and
demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways
of working e.g. taking action to avoid future crisis or create
opportunities to improve existing practices.
- Support and be part of a team environment. Be a leader for
technical EE items that may arise with the National Grid customer
base Capability Requirements:
- Analytical Thinking: Sees multiple relationships, identifying
several likely causes or consequences of a situation and the effect
on organizational growth and energy efficiency.
- Information Seeking: Assesses and develops solutions by digging
deeper, asking probing questions and challenging initial responses
from different sources.
- Impact and Influence: Uses direct persuasion to influence
others, using basic data, logic, solid business case and
- Customer Orientation: Takes personal responsibility for
providing installation solutions, providing technical input,
correcting problems promptly and undefensively and communicating
customer expectations to monitor delivery and satisfaction.
- Attention to Detail: Monitors quality of others work, checks to
ensure procedures are followed to ensure that the technical input
being provided is accurate and adds value.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement
opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in
the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and
applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided
offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad
diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster
a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver
superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is
proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans to join the National Grid team.
Keywords: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER), Worcester , Lead Engineer, Customer Technical Sales Support, Sales , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!