Inside Sales Consultant - Power Systems
Company: Milton CAT
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Inside Sales Consultant - Power Systems
Inside Sales Consultants are a key figure in helping keep our
customers equipment healthy and productive by selling Caterpillar
parts, preventative maintenance, and repairs within a designated
territory. They develop and offer solutions that allow Caterpillar
equipment owners to achieve the lowest operating costs possible and
minimize machine downtime. This position is responsible for
promoting all Power Systems products and services offered by Milton
- Assist customer in achieving lower
operating costs by recommending appropriate parts and service
- Work Hand in Hand with Product Support Consultants on execution
of territory sales
- Build relationships with key decision makers and promote Milton
CAT parts, service and product support programs, including load
bank testing, cooling system service, fluids analysis, engine and
- Primary liaison between customer and Milton CAT in all areas
related to product support.
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer, service
department, and parts department to ensure exceptional level of
- Promote, develop and sell maintenance contracts.
- Provide parts and service quotes to customers.
- Coordinates service repairs and parts deliveries.
- Creates and maintains profiles on all major parts and service
- Reports lost parts and service sales.
- Meet targets for sales, profits, units and close ratios.
- Keep updated machine population in assigned territory.
- Maintain customer account using customer relationship
management (CRM) software.
- Answer customer calls during and after normal business
- Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participate in business and trade events; maintain membership
in trade organizations.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent Trade School certificate plus
High School Diploma.
- 1-3 years' experience with Prime/Standby Generators in a parts
or service support position.
- 1-3 years' experience working directly in and/or for Generator
business. I.E. Sales/Support company, Facility Manager/Management
Co, wholesaler, rental house.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related Microsoft
software, including CRM.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and be detailed oriented with a
high level of accuracy.
- Perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work after hours when needed to meet customer
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Basic math skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record. Preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Previous selling experience.
- Prior territory management experience.
- Working knowledge of Caterpillar products.
- Previous experience with diesel and/or gas engines.
- Previous experience with Power Generator related business. This
job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your
supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Resumes that
are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee
will not be considered. You must apply online. A background check
and drug test are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the
strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage
applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities,
veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial
consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to
further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA
Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free
Keywords: Milton CAT, Worcester , Inside Sales Consultant - Power Systems, Sales , Milford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...